Throughout the United States presidential election campaigns, DarkFiber Consulting has received reports of phishing scams and email attacks related to the upcoming election. DarkFiber Consulting reminds users to remain cautious when receiving unsolicited email messages that are related to the presidential election and presidential candidates because the messages may be part of a phishing scam.
DarkFiber Consulting encourages users to do the following to help mitigate the risks:
- Use caution when opening unsolicited email messages.
- Do not follow unsolicited web links found in email messages.
- Use caution when entering sensitive information online.
- Refer to the Recognizing and Avoiding Email Scams (pdf) document for more information on avoiding email scams.
- Refer to the Avoiding Social Engineering and Phishing Attacks document for more information on social engineering attacks.